Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Week before I can get into my classroom!

So this week I've been thinking, I never realized as a kid, how much work went into my classroom and how much time, effort, and money my teacher put into making it perfect for us!  It makes me want to go back and hug every single teacher I ever had! But I can say that I have enjoyed getting everything together! It's so much fun!

My theme for my classroom came from School Girl Style . I loved the bright colors and the birds!! I really like the owls, but I feel like they are kind of over done, so they birds are a fresh take on owls!  I have purchased the bird cut outs, birdhouses, word wall letters, and labels so far, and I will probably end up getting more things from her!

Here are my bird houses- I am using them for table numbers!

These are the word wall letters-

I also got my book buckets for my classroom library from the dollar tree this week!  They are bright colors and match my theme perfectly! For my book bucket tags, I used the labels I got from School Girl Style and made my own categories with visuals.  I am hoping the visuals will help my little first graders to know where to look for their favorite books, and where to put them back when their finished! I will cut and laminate these tags, then punch holes and attach them to my book buckets!



Today I also finished printing my classroom alphabet! I LOVE it!! It is so bright and colorful! It was a Teacher's Pay Teacher's purchase from Cara Carroll's Store . She has the cutest stuff!! 

I got an Amazon order this week with all of the books I ordered for the first week of school! I got so many awesome books for teaching expectations and getting my firsties excited about first grade!! They all have fun activities to go with them, and I can't wait to use them in my lesson plans the first week! My favorite has to be First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg.  The story is about a girl who is going to a new school, and she's so nervous for the first day! They don't show her face throughout the entire story until the very end, when they reveal that she's the TEACHER!  I think that will be so relevant this year with it being my first year, I'm sure I'll be nervous!!


Last but not least, I cleaned out the dollar section at Target this week! All of their teacher supply stuff came out and I love it!!





I can't wait to get into my classroom Monday!!! It can't come soon enough!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment