Monday, June 23, 2014

books & more!

Hi everyone! So I know this is super crazy, but I'm already having nightmares dreams about the first day of school! Seriously, I have had two in the past week where I'm in my classroom and kids start coming in and I have NOTHING prepared!  Scariest dream ever!!!

On a happier note, I finally got my teaching certification in the mail!  And my Conscious Discipline book! Oh, happy day!! :)


This book is really good for classroom management!  It's a whole system by Becky Bailey that is about focusing on classroom community and teaching behavior based on relationships, not so much about rules and consequences. I just started reading so I will let you know more about how I plan to implement it in my classroom when I finish!

Walmart has these really great area rugs on sale right now!  Lots of cute colors, so I had to snag this gray chevron rug for my library area!


I also went to haft price books today for the first time!  Talk about some good books for SUPER cheap!  Most of the books I bought were 25 cents, and they give teacher discount!  I also splurged for a few I really wanted, and ended up getting 24 books for $28!


The past couple of days I have been working on my Common core binder! It helps that I was able to attend planning for next year with my grade group! During that time I got curriculum maps for each subject area, a list of Montessori materials that can be used to teach those concepts, and some sample lesson plans! All of that is in there, plus any resources I have from college classes, placements, and student teaching that relate to what I will be teaching!

I'm looking forward to a productive week!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I have had one nightmare as well! I walked in on a Monday and everything was torn down. How funny that the same thing happened to you! Thankfully they are just dreams. You'll be great this year. Have a great first day! ZLAM!

    ReplyDelete