Friday, June 20, 2014

Summer Preparations



I visited my classroom this week!  I student taught at Kennedy so I am familiar with the school and staff which is nice! My mom and I went in this week to look at my room and take some pictures.  It's not much to look at now, because it hasn't been cleaned out yet, so all of the old teacher's things are in there. But it gave me a good idea of size so I can start planning how I will lay everything out and decorate! I LOVE the purple wall!!


Also, I've collected some pretty good stuff so far this summer!  Dollar tree has some really awesome classroom stuff for super cheap!  I got a lot of organizational buckets and containers, posters, charts, stickers, games and supplies!  I also went to a yard sale this morning of a retiring teacher! I got lots of good children's books, some resource books, worksheets, and a calendar set!  I also got two class sets of blank books so that students can create and publish their own books!  I can't wait to put everything to use!






My to-do list for next week:
Start thinking about bulletin boards, finish my Daily 5 book, think about my parent communication system, and make my classroom jobs chart!

What is everyone else doing to prepare for the school year?

No comments:

Post a Comment