Monday, June 16, 2014

The Journey Begins!

I am so excited to finally be able to call myself a teacher!  Today I officially got my call from my school district with my offer to be a first grade teacher! I feel so blessed and excited that next year I will have  20-25 little people walking into my classroom with excited eyes and hearts that are ready to learn! I will be totally responsible for a year of their lives, and I'm not going to lie, it scares me a little bit! However, I am so lucky to have student taught at the school I'll be working in and the teachers there are awesome! I have made some great friends that will be there to help me along the way!

As a first year teacher I feel so lost with where to start to prepare for next year! I have made some lists and ordered some books and I'm just hoping to figure it out along the way! My favorite purchase so far is my Erin Condren teacher planner!! It is amazing! Totally made for teachers, it includes monthly calendars, student birthdays, tons of note pages, lesson planning by the week pages, checklists, and more! And it's super cute!

I've also bought the Daily Five book to read this summer.  I hope it will help me set up my reading block!  I've also ordered a Conscious Discipline book.  I have heard so  much about this classroom management system and I am excited to use some of the techniques with my future first graders! The rest of my to-do list for the summer includes Smartboard training, researching Montessori materials, and figuring out what I'm going to do with my classroom!  I will post pics as soon as I see my classroom!

Any teachers out there, if you have any advice for a first year teacher, feel free to let me know! I am open to any advice or suggestions!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment